Return to: Programs by College/School
The business administration curriculum allows sufficient flexibility for adaptation to a student’s particular interests and goals. A minimum of 122 hours is required for the B.S. degree in all majors except accounting, which requires 127 hours, and international business, which requires a minimum of 125 hours. They are divided between courses in business administration and general education courses in English, history, foreign languages, natural and behavioral sciences, and other disciplines. All business administration students are required to earn 40 hours in a common core sequence of business subjects. The major field for all majors except accounting and international business* requires 12-21 hours beyond the common core. If a major requires only 12 hours, then a minimum of 9 additional hours of advisor-approved course work in business/economics must be completed. A minimum of 18 credit hours in additional directed general education courses is required.
The school has developed options designed to complement core and major requirements. Information and assistance in the development and selection of options are available through the advising facilities of the school.
*The accounting major requires 26 hours. International business requires a second major in business. International business majors range from 27 to 36 hours, depending on the double major selected.
Students who graduate with a B.S.B.A. in Real Estate should be able to …
- understand the importance and role of real estate in the national and international economies.
- understand the legal foundations of real estate and conveyances of real estate interest.
- apply basic present value and future value analysis to real estate decisions.
- understand the basic concepts of real estate finance.
- understand the valuation of real estate including residential and income producing properties.
See Moore School of Business for entrance requirements, progression requirements, and other regulations.
- General Education Requirements (40-44 Hours)
- Business Core (40 Hours)
- Communication (Included in General Education Requirements)
- Real Estate (12-15 Hours)
- Internationalization Requirement (9 Hours)
- Directed General Education Course Work (non-BA) (minimum of 18 Hours)